Your First Appointment
Your first appointment at Fertility North doesn’t need to be a daunting experience. Here, we have put together a list of how to book in to see us and what to expect when you get here, including links to even more detailed information if you like to have all the facts ahead of time.
Making an Appointment
Here’s what you need to know to make an appointment:
- Call us on (08) 9301 1075 to book an appointment.
- To see one of our fertility specialists you will need to email or bring a GP’s referral.
- You don’t need to have a referral to book your appointment, as long as you have it by the day of the appointment.
- We highly recommend coming through your family GP, so that they are kept informed of your treatment journey to be able to meet your changing needs.
- After your first appointment, male partners (where applicable) will be booked for a semen analysis (even if the cause of infertility seems to be with the female partner). For convenience, you can book the semen analysis to take place on the day of the first appointment (depending on availability of lab appointments).
New Patient Documents
Before your first appointment:
Please download and fill out the following files as they apply to you, which make up Fertility North’s New Patient Pack, now available online for your convenience.
You will need to bring completed copies of the Clerical Information, Medical Information and all three signed Patient Consents (FNC1, FNC20, FNC21) to your first appointment with your doctor at Fertility North.
What To Expect
Your first appointment at Fertility North will be with one of our Fertility Specialists or Doctors, who will consult with you for up to 1 hour.
During this appointment they will discuss the information you have provided in your history forms, and a physical examination may also be performed.
How much time to allow
Every patient attending Fertility North is unique, which means that every patient will have a different treatment journey and individual requirements at this first appointment. We would recommend that you allow at least two hours for this first appointment, to ensure that we can provide treatment that is personalised to your own needs.
For patients attending from regional areas, some of the additional tests may have been pre-arranged to coincide with your first appointment. In this case, you may need to allow more time and staff will advise you of this well in advance.
Suite 30, Level 2,
Joondalup Private Hospital,
60 Shenton Avenue,
Joondalup WA 6027
The closest carparks within the Joondalup Health Campus premises are Carpark P12B and P1 – P9 is currently under construction. (see access on map below).
Please allow extra time to find parking before your appointment.
Carpark 12A, located in front of the Private Hospital entrance, allows a free 30min maximum parking (bays limited).
Parking is charged at an hourly rate ($3/hr) from 8am til 6pm weekdays and 8am til 12 noon on Saturday. Parking is free on Sundays and Public Holidays.
These car parks are monitored by City of Joondalup.
For further information or support on any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact staff at Fertility North. You can reach us on:
+61 8 9301 1075
To find out more about who we are and what we do, please feel free to explore our website and follow us on our social media.